Commercial Roofing or Low Slope Roofs
Commercial or industrial buildings, such as warehouses, factories, apartment buildings and townhouses, often utilize low slop roofing or flat roofing as it is economical and functional. 1-derful Roofing & Restoration is a full service roofing contractor that has experience in jobs ranging from roofing installation to roofing repairs.
When referring to a low slope roof this is describing how much of a slant or incline the roof has. In commercial roof installation, a low slope roof has a slope of less than 3 inches per foot meaning that for every horizontal foot that the roof goes up it will go up less than 3 inches vertically. The three most important components with commercial roofing systems are:
- Weatherproofing – keeps water from entering the building
- Reinforcement – adds strength, resistance and stability to the structure
- Surfacing – protects the weatherproofing and reinforcement from the different weather conditions
Slopes allow for proper water drainage, as there are small areas, called crickets and saddles, on the roof that help direct the water to the drains. The drains are located within the valleys, which are the low points of the sloped roof. There are interior and exterior drains available. The advantage to choosing to have both installed is if the interior drain gets clogged or damaged then the exterior drain can handle the run-off and excess water.
There are thousands of low slope roofing options to choose from. There are a number of different roof deck choices, insulation requirements, roof membrane requirements and other factors that could complicate your selection. To make this process simpler, a professional roofing contractor should be involved in the selections to confirm you are choosing the appropriate fit for an easy commercial roof installation or replacement installation.
Types of Flat Roof Systems
- TPO – A Thermoplastic Polyolefin roof is a popular system for commercial roofing. This type of roofing is highly resistant to weather conditions of any kind, it is considered to be among the best. Due to its outstanding resistance in the worst conditions, a TPO roof hardly ever requires any insurance claims.
- EPDM – An Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer roof is the technical way of saying a roof that uses a lot of rubber. These types of roofs are very popular in commercial roofing installations due to the fact that they are much easier for a commercial company to maintain.
- BUR – A Built Up Roof is made of many different types of layered material, this option is also very popular. Built up roofs are most common in areas with extreme weather conditions for example high heat or bitter cold. Since this roof is layered it ensures that the building is protected at all levels which no other roofing system can offer.
Colorado Commercial Roofers
If you’re looking for a roofing contractor that can handle repairs, installations and inspections on any type of commercial roofing system 1-derful roofing company that is trustworthy and reliable to help you with one of the largest investments you will ever make that is exactly what you will get when you call 1-derful Roofing at 303-984-7663.